Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Instagram Rocks, Doesn't it?

Instagram was a friend of sorts to me last weekend. Spending most time on bed due to illness (ok, asthma with runny nose and lots of yakky phlegm plus some headache and fever), a geek still couldn't live without some tech thing. Thanks to Android, I played around with Instagram. Then, lo and behold, the richpinoyonline Instagram account was born.

The richpinoyonline Instagram account

Instagram rocks, doesn't it? I mean, it's like Twitter, only visual. Another thing I like about it is that it doesn't filter any post (unlike Facebook, though I can't blame Mark Zuckerberg). I like it most for its being a mobile social platform. It keeps you connected even while in bed and too tired to think.

Another about Instagram, which I can't go on without mentioning, is that it encourages original photos. It doesn't have a "Repost" button. Oh yeah, I'm guilty of reposting Instagram posts (via @PhotoRepost_app along with credits), but you can rest well that the remarks that go with them, no matter how short, are original and straight from the heart.

Back to my Instagram account, those who know me may wonder why I'm using "Sid" as my first name there. Well, fact is, "Sid" is my name too! It dates back to my fraternity days in college (UP Epsilon Chi Fraterntiy at the UP College of Engineering). Stuck with a dilemma of having two "Marvin" members, the fraternity "baptized" me with the name "Sid". Problem solved.

Hmmmm, "baptized" isn't exactly the word coz I'm already baptized with that name. My "full" first name is Marvin Isidore. See where "Sid" comes from? Most of the world call me "Marvin". A few (for now) call me "Sid". Frankly, I like that name too! So, let me lay claim to two names, ok? After all, I do have two names.

At this point I must confess something. I already have an existing Instagram account under my "Marvin" name. It's @marvinmacs. It's a personal account full of affirmations of my faith and Church (I'm a hands down convicted Catholic). I like to keep it that way.

I like @richpinoyonline to be something more entrepreneurial that is full of affirmations about one's destiny to be a good steward of the talents given to us by God. In other words, beware, I am going to lovingly and graciously sell you something at @richpinoyonline. Hahaha!

What will I sell? I don't know yet. But I'm cooking lots of things in my mind right now. In the meantime, please enjoy the affirmations coz they're sincerely and lovingly shared.

You're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment