Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Google Chrome Finally Works Again in my Mac

Google Chrome has been my favorite browser in my MacBook. In my heart it has always been. But for around three months, it has loaded pages forever!

That has pushed me back to Firefox and Safari, which are good browsers also, to be fair. But you see, they're not Google Chrome, know what I mean?

I've been missing the singular box for both search and URL. I've been missing the automatic translate. I've been missing stuff that makes Chrome, Chrome.

I went through several tips online about how to let Google Chrome cease on having a great time loading pages forever, but no tip has worked.

Well, not until recently.

If you're having the same problem with Chrome as I'm talking about, this solution might work for you. If not, continue searching the net, just like I did.

In one forum, someone gave me this tip.

1. Go to Chrome preferences (or options in Windows) and click "Under the Hood"


2. Unclick the option "Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance"


Ironic that such option is supposed to improve page load performance. Fact is, in my MacBook at least and in the MacBook of that guy who has given me this tip, it did the opposite.

Bugs. They're everywhere.

What's important is, I'm back to using Google Chrome again.

I pray the same for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment