Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

How to Create a Useful Expense List

"Where did my money go?" Doesn't the question sound familiar? Someone received a big sum from a long lost uncle. After a time, he desperately asked, "Gosh, where did that money go?"

Bookkeeping isn't just for accountants. It is for everyone who handles money. That means you and me, as well as every home or project outside of home.
Image Credits: "Bookkeeping" by o5com

The truth is, we all ask the question. How much salary have we received last year? Where have we spent all those money? When I was single, I recorded every expense I could record for three straight years, thanks to a simple system that I used in Excel.

Why did I go through all that trouble? It was because of the books I was reading that time that made me assess my lifestyle. The only way I could get an accurate picture of how I was spending my money was to record them. Man, it was a powerful exercise.

Knowledge of where you money goes is power. The following step-by-step process would help you have that power.



Simple, isn't it? The rest is diligent bookkeeping. At year's end, you'd be amused by what you'll see.

This is not for everyone, I must admit.

Feel free to politely post questions, suggestions, feedback in the comment box below. I'd be greatly delighted to reply within 72 hours.

Have a great and wonderful day!

--

Your Virtual Sidekick
http://virtualsidekick.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Keeping a list of expenses is like looking at a tree. The automatic summary allows you to see the forest. it's amazing how a simple yet useful Excel sheet can help you achieve it in your own personal finances, family finances or even project funds. With this economy, one cannot afford not to oversee one's expenses very closely.

    ReplyDelete